- Each the Apple Watch Sequence 5 and Fitbit Versa 2 supply benefits and drawbacks.
- Though I am sometimes an Apple Watch person, I not too long ago switched to Fitbit’s Versa 2, which the corporate launched in August.
- I typically most popular the Versa 2’s longer battery life, sleep-tracking, and wider number of supported exercises.
- However the Apple Watch reigned supreme when it got here to the general smartwatch expertise.
- Go to Enterprise Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
In the event you’re available in the market for a brand new smartwatch, there is a good probability you are in all probability deciding between an Apple Watch or a Fitbit smartwatch: Apple launched its newest smartwatch in September, the $400 Sequence 5, whereas Fitbit debuted its $200 Versa 2 watch in August.
Each firms are trade leaders on the subject of wearable know-how. Apple claimed 46.4% of the worldwide smartwatch market as of the second quarter of 2019, whereas the now Google-owned Fitbit accounted for 9.8% based on Technique Analytics. (Samsung additionally ranks extremely in second place just under Apple with 15.9% of the market.)
I am often an Apple Watch person, however not too long ago switching to the Fitbit Versa 2 jogged my memory of the benefits and drawbacks every machine has over the opposite.
In comparison with the Apple Watch, I most popular the Fitbit Versa 2’s longer battery life, native sleep monitoring, and broader collection of supported exercises, for instance. However the Apple Watch comes with further sensors and options not discovered on the Versa 2 — like the flexibility to take an electrocardiogram and a built-in GPS sensor. Plus, the Apple Watch’s extra polished software program and greater app retailer make it really feel like a way more succesful smartwatch.